Saturday 15 August 2015

An Interview with... Myself!

Hey there Hannihr, thanks for meeting with me today to talk about yourself!
Cheers... you know this is going to look weird, right? Just me, talking to myself about... myself...



Oh shh you! I am sure the thousands of readers who hit this Newspaper are very interested in what you have to say!
Unlikely. All I ever talk about is LOTRO, YouTube and this little blog here.

Don't be such a cave troll! Now then, let's get this interview started. Firstly, how did you get into Lord of the Rings Online?
Exactly! Always with LOTRO. Well, it started back in early 2012. My partner had moved to start her first year of University and she ended up befriending her course mates who played this game. After a while, she rolled a character and invited me to roll one too, and thus Hannihr was created. We played together as a fellowship of four.

I really got into the game, and made a kinship. I levelled pretty quickly (the first and only time I have ever levelled quickly!) and became a full time player. Our kinship grew and with that the more I had a reason to log in every day.

So what have you been doing in real life for the past 5 years while on LOTRO?
Well I was just finishing high school when I started playing the game, then three years after that I was doing my Psychology degree. Now I have graduated, I took up a career in law and have (within the past 2 months) set up my own graphic design business. Not to mention my YouTube... okay, I will try and cut down the YouTube advertisements...

I guess on a day-to-day basis I spend an obsessive amount of time learning new skills. For years at school I was awful at learning music and foreign languages, but excelled in English language, literature, and art. Now I am taking the time to learn French and Mandarin, as well as the Saxophone and electric guitar. I absolutely love learning. Keeps me busy!


Hey, that's a lot! 
I guess, but I'm just compensating for my years of slacking in the French classroom. "Où est le bibliotecque?" was my most accomplished sentence for about 5 years of study.

What is a bibliotecque?
No idea.

Right! Now then, what are your major life and LOTRO goals?
That's one Balrog of a question. Um... My major life goals would have to be to be accomplished as much as I can. I want to play a thousand instruments, speak every language and lift 300kg above my head. Okay, so that will never happen, but I really want to see where my limits are. I then want to travel the world and see what's been going on. I need a holiday.

In LOTRO my goals are pretty short and sweet: explore and have fun. I meet new players every day and love getting to know them. It's one of the major reasons I wanted to be an admin of the Evernight Facebook group and started this newspaper in the first place. I speak to about 50+ players when I'm logged in and I absolutely love it.

50+ players! That's quite a lot, how do you manage to keep track of everyone?
You just had to ask that, didn't you? Well, I guess I now have to admit one of my biggest LOTRO secrets: I have one of the worst memories of anyone I know, and therefore have to record each conversation "worth remembering" or I forget who everyone is and what they had spoken to me about before. It can be mundane (we spoke about a raid) or more meaningful (our philosophical world views).

The thing is, everyone has alts and the friends list is finite. I cannot keep track of everyone, so I thank my PC for being able to keep it all for me.

Bless your pixellated cotton socks, Hannihr. I wonder if you could answer this one for me: why do you stay on LOTRO? There are millions of other games and many other platforms to choose. Why LOTRO?
Simple, really. It's my first MMORPG and it was the game that kept my partner and myself in contact with each other when we were apart. I've fallen in love with the game and subsequently Tolkien's work. It is a beautiful place and I wouldn't trade it for the (real) world.

N'awwh.
Shut up you.

No comments:

Post a Comment